Well, it’s a fact that majority of us loves to eat burgers. But we all know that burgers would be better if it is made up of healthy ingredients. The only way to make sure that we are not eating unhealthy burgers is by way of learning to make our own patties. In this case, you will no longer buy ready-made patties in your local stores and just wonder what is made of.
Making your own healthy burger patties may consume some of your time but you would know that it would be satisfying enough to see and to know what’ your patties are made from. Since we are very much concern with our health, we have to know what you are feeding to your family.
So I’ve compiled the healthiest ingredients so we could make a healthy yummy Mexican burger. Take note that the following ingredients could only make 5 burgers. Here it is.
1kg of lean ground beef
3 finely chopped garlic cloves
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
1 fresh large egg
1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
1 teaspoon of paprika
2 teaspoons of salt
Broken black pepper
5 slices of cheese
5 hamburger buns
I know that some of you might find it hard to make Guacamole or Tomato & onion salsa, that’s why I decided to include it in here together with the tomato and onion salsa.
In making your Guacamole, here’s how you do it:
Get the following: 2-3 ripe avocados, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, pepper and salt. In a medium-sized bowl, put avocado flesh and mash it all together with the lemon juice, pepper and salt. Just set it aside until you will use it.
For your Tomato & onion salsa, here’s how you do it:
Get the following: 3 well- chopped ripe tomatoes, 1 well- chopped red onion, 1/2 cup of well- chopped fresh parsley, 1 well-chopped red chilli (optional), pepper and salt. In a separate medium-sized bowl, put all the ingredients and mix it well.
1. In a medium large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
2. Pre-heat a large frying pan and add some oil in it.
3. To check the seasoning well, fry a small amount of burger mixture and make an adjustment if needed.
4. Form the rest of the mixture into burgers and fry it per side until it turns lightly brown.
5. In flipping the burger for the first time, put one slice of cheese on it and allow it to melt while cooking the patty.
6. Serve it with fresh bread together with a home-made salsa and guacamole.