Have fun in learning this Chana Atta Kadi recipe that I found from my aunts cook book. Satisfy your tummy with this not so famous food yet delicious. See the whole recipe below. Enjoy!
Chana Atta Kadi Recipe
2 cups chana daal, soaked in water for 3-4 hours
2 chopped green chilies
1 tsp chili powder
For making Kadi:
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
3 cups wheat flour
Directions for making Chana Pakodi:
- Drain all the water from the soaked chana daal and ensure it is almost dry.
- Blend it after adding 1 green chili, salt and a pinch of asafetida. Water should be just enough to give the batter a semi-thick consistency.
- Divide this thick paste into several portions and give them round shape.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying these chana balls.
- Fry them until they turn light golden in color.
- Keep these pakodis aside for some time and then soak them in fresh water for around 5 minutes.
- Take them out by squeezing out all the water.
Directions for making Atta Kadi:
- Pour a little oil in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- Now add green curry leaves, mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds.
- When the seeds start cracking, put wheat flour and stir continuously. This is important to prevent lump formation.
- The flour needs to be cooked on low flame till it becomes brown in color.
- Keep adding water in small portions and mix well each time you do so.
- Add salt according to taste and red chili powder to it. Now put the soaked pakodis in this kadi and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
CHECK OUT A LOT MORE with regards to Soup. You can also check great recipes on: http://yumnayum.com/chana-atta-kadi-indian-recipe/