Learn some Japanese recipe called Yakitori. It is one of the famous recipe in Japan, the grilled chicken. Learn the recipe, see the ingredients required below:
Yummy Yakitori Recipe
10 Boneless/skinless chicken thighs
2 Bunches of leeks
½ Cup soy sauce
½ Cup Japanese Mirin (cooking rice wine)
¼ Cup teriyaki sauce
1 Teaspoon brown sugar
¼ Teaspoon grated ginger
Coarse black pepper
Extras: Large re-sealable freezer bags and 10-12 bamboo skewers
- Fill a shallow baking pan with water and place bamboo skewers inside to soak.
- Cut chicken thighs into 2 inch cubes and place them in the freezer bag.
- Cut leeks diagonally into 1 inch thick pieces and set them aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ginger, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, teriyaki sauce and black pepper (adjusted to taste).
- Pour the marinade into the freezer bag and seal it.
- Gently shake the bag to thoroughly coat the meat and place it in a refrigerator for a few hours.
- Remove chicken cubes from the refrigerator and skewer one piece followed by a piece of the leeks. Continue to alternate meat with leeks until ¾ of the skewer is full.
- Place yakitori on a medium hot grill and cook for a couple of minutes per side or until nicely charred.