I wanted to share with you today one of brother’s favorite, the Pork Stew Recipe with Beer. Whenever our family gets to have a weekend gathering, my brother would always make a request for this one.
That is why today, I’m going to share this one to you so that you could make this meal for your husband, boyfriend, and friends too.
Pork Stew Recipe with Beer
What are the ingredients the pork stew recipe with beer?
1 (2 pound) boneless pork
1 (12 ounce) can or bottle beer
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (8 1/4 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained
1 red serrano chile, minced
2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
Hot cooked rice
- You need to trim the fat of the pork and cut them into about an inch cubes. In the Dutch oven, heat oil. Over medium heat, cook the pork while frequently stirring until all the liquid has evaporated and the pork has turned brown; that is for about 25 minutes. Remove the pork and drain all and leave about 2 tablespoons of the fat in the Dutch oven.
- Saute the onion and garlic until onion is tender. Then add the tomatoes, cilantro, chili, cumin, oregano and salt. Heat to boiling then reduce heat, let it simmer for about 10 minutes more, uncovered.
- Add the pork and beer, stir. Heat to boiling and reduce heat. Cover and let it simmer for about 45 minutes. Add the red peeper and stir, heat to boiling and reduce heat.
- Let the pork simmer until tender, uncovered and until the sauce is thickened for about another 15 minutes.
- Don’t forget to skim off the fat before you serve with rice.
This will be great and delicious too and I’m sure, your husband, boyfriend and friends will totally love this. I hope you do too.