Level up your dish with this recipe that I’m going to share for you, the Chicken in Red Wine. Aside from being tasty it’s very delicious and appetizing dish that you can serve in your dining tables and can be enjoyed to eat with your family.
This might also sound great because it has an especial ingredients which is an antioxidant and healthy for everyone’s heart which is the Red Wine. So, get it in! and serve it with your best shot!
Chicken in Red Wine (Coq au Vin Rouge)
- 6 slices of bacon (cut into small strips)
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. of salt
- 1/4 tsp. of pepper
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 lb.) of broiler fryer chicken (cut)
- 1 lb. of fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 lb. of tiny pearl onions
- 8 pieces of carrots
- 2 1/2 cups of dry red wine
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp. of salt
- Bouquet garni
- Minced parsley
- Olive oil
- Heat an olive oil into a skillet for the bacon.
- When the olive oil is heat, fry the bacon until it turns to crispy and then remove the bacon. And set aside.
- Mix the flour with 1 tsp. of salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken well with the flour mixture.
- Cook the chicken in a skillet, over medium heat or until becomes light brown on all sides for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
- Cook the mushrooms, onions and carrots until light brown in a skillet. And then drain the fats.
- Return the chicken to Dutch oven and then crumble the bacon over the chicken and vegetables.
- Stir in the wine with chicken broth, garlic, 1 tsp. of salt and bouquet garni.
- Reduce the heat until boiled.
- Cover it and let it simmer until it turns to thickest pieces of chicken, for just about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Skim off the fat and then remove the bouquet garni.
- Sprinkle with parsley and then serve into prepared soup bowls.
And that is the Chicken in Red Wine Recipe with a very simple step by step procedure, and a very unique way to be tastier with Red Wine. Aside from this, you can also add or try some delightful smoothies to make it tastier and more enjoyable to eat, with this Mocha Shake. So, enjoy the eating and have fun bonding with these recipes. Until next recipe again!