The Chinese Scallops with Celery! Yeah! I bet everybody loves scallops, but don’t you know that you are lucky that you chose scallops be one of your favorite? Well if no, then I would say it here for you.
Scallops can be seen around the ocean, some are covered with its wonderful looks of shell, and I’ve heard that, when scallops are covered with nice coating of shell which looks so catchy are the has the best scallops, and scallops are highly rich with omega 3 fatty acids that increases heart rate variability. And aside from that there is also more benefit from it. And one of the good recipes for it is this Chinese Scallops with Celery.
To know about it, just see the procedures below.
Chinese Scallops with Celery
- 2 tsp. of garlic (minced until barely visible)
- 1 lb. of scallops
- 1 tsp. of minced ginger (minced until barely visible)
- 2 tbsp. of sherry or good dry white wine
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 piece of medium carrot
- 3/4 cup of the best low sodium chicken or you can also make chicken broth
- About 2 tsp. of cornstarch mixed with equal amount of water (to thicken sauce)
- *Some beef strips if you like
- 2 hours or 1 hour before cooking, sprinkle a salt over the scallops and then drizzle about 2 tbsp. of water over them and follow that with about 2 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- And then, mix the cornstarch into the scallops well and set it in the fridge to make the scallops tender and the seasoning will blend.
- Before slicing the vegetables, prepare your sauce by mixing the finely minced garlic, ginger and also the chicken broth.
- And then, set it aside.
- Now, slice your celery into 1 1/2-inch long segments and then cut the celery segments in half lengthwise.
- And for your carrots, slice them into thin wafer shaped pieces and then stack a few of these pieces together and then slice them into thin slightly thicker than toothpick slivers.
- Cut your carrots into fancy shapes using a cookie cutter type mold.
- And when your wok starts to smoke, add about 2 tbsp. of oil.
- Place the celery in wok first and, over reduced heat, make it slightly browned and then cook it for about 4 minutes before adding carrots and cooking for about 2 more minutes.
- Remove the vegetables and add a bit more oil and heat it up.
- When oil is heated, immediately add the scallops and then cook over a medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- And then, after the scallops have cooked for a minute or two, drizzle it with the scallops and with the sherry or white wine to flavor the dish.
- Be careful not to overcook your scallops or they may be hard to chew.
- And when the scallops are through cooking, remove it from wok and, if necessary, clean it before adding the sauce.
- Once the sauce has been added and has started to heat up, you can add the cornstarch and mixed it with water and let the sauce thicken before returning veggies and the scallops back to wok.
- Mix well with thickened sauce and remove from heat.
- And then, lastly which is the very exciting part is serve it over white rice.
If you don’t like celery, you can always add in your favorite vegetable if you want. A broccoli perhaps?
So, I hope you guys, enjoy it and include this sometimes in your meals in order for you to be fit and healthy, thanks! And until next time again.
You can also check some other scallops recipe like this Scallops Pasta Recipe. But. don’t forget to share this Chinese Scallops with Celery recipe.