While eating with the Chile Pepper Casserole, I can’t even picture myself turning red while enjoying this recipe, but I can picture the taste of it, and I can say, it was really hot sexy, lovely, and oh so cheesy. I feel like I am melted eating it and it makes me more excited after swallowing the first bite, and the taste was like a pizza, however this one is kinda super yummy and very delightful, the cheese with the chili pepper are totally perfect blended with each other.
To continue, here are the procedures for this Chile Pepper Casserole down below for you to follow in case you crave for it now.
Chile Pepper Casserole
- 8 pieces of large ancho/poblano or bell peppers
- 1 cup of sharp Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 pieces of green onions (sliced)
- 4 pieces of eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 2/3 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp. of salt
- 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- This recipe works with lots of different kinds of chiles.
- Roast the peppers so that the skin blisters and then peel off most of the blistered skin.
- If you’re using dried ancho/poblano peppers then soak them in hot water until becomes soft.
- And then removes the stem and seeds and continue with the recipe.
- Now, split chile peppers lengthwise and then remove the seeds and pith.
- And then, spread the chiles in a single layer in a greased baking dish.
- And then, sprinkle it the green onions and then cilantro and also most of the cheese over the chiles, while reserving some of the top.
- Beat the eggs with milk, flour, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- And then, pour the mixtures over the chiles and cheese.
- After that, you can bake it at 325 degrees F for just 40 minutes or until a knife (or a wooden stick) inserted in custard comes out clean.
- When it s already bake, sprinkle it with the remaining cheese over the casserole and then return it to the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- And then, let it stand for just about 5 minutes to cool before serving.
- You can also serve it with a tomato salad or salsa if you want.
So, I hope you liked this Chile Pepper Casserole as much me and my family did. But just in case you want something that is not too spicy, you can try other casserole recipes like this Crisp and Beef Casserole Recipe.
If you like this Chile Pepper Casserole recipe, please do share them with your friends.